Houston Medicaid Applications
Houston, Texas Medicaid Applications
APPLYING FOR MEDICAID in Houston, TX
Medicaid is a state program that provides some health coverage to low-income Houston residents – if you qualify. Medicaid covers Houston families with children, pregnant women, medically needy individuals, elderly and people with disabilities.
Only if the various Texas state and federal guidelines are met.
You can apply yourself, (see info below) but it might be wise to seek expert help. Applying for Medicaid in Houston is complex process. On this site you might find listings for people who can assist you. Many lawyers and attorneys specialize in Medicaid issues. It might pay off for you to hire one increase your chances for a faster approval, and to ensure the application for Medicaid is completed properly. Medicaid in Harris County, TX.
Medicaid and Estate Planning
The biggest fear most elderly people have is that they might end up in a nursing home. Nursing homes cost anywhere between $45,000 and $180,000 per year. That will eat up any equity you have fast.
Estate Planning to reduce the cost of a nursing home stay is called Medicaid Planning. This done by Estate Planning Lawyers in Houston and other areas in Texas. Protect your assets from the nursing home, contact an estate planning lawyer today.
Medicaid in Houston, Texas
Medicaid in Houston is available thru Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC).
You now can apply for Medicaid benefits in Houston without going to an HHSC benefits office by going online, filling out a paper form, or calling them.
The mission of HHSC is to maintain and improve the health and human services system in Texas and to administer its programs in accordance with the highest standards of customer service and accountability for the effective use of funds. HHSC oversees the operations of the health and human services system, provides administrative oversight of Texas health and human services programs, and provides direct administration of some programs. HHSC operates with an annual budget of $16 billion and 9,300 employees.
One Houston Medicaid office address is 6118 SCOTT, HOUSTON, TX, 77021
- Medicaid Client Hotline: (800) 252-8263
- Apply for CHIP/Children’s Medicaid: (800) 647-6558
- How to get Help
- HHSC Office of the Ombudsman:
- Phone Toll free: 1-877-787-8999
- FAX Toll-free: 1-888-780-8099
- TTY: 1-888-425-6889 (For deaf or hearing impaired)
- Online: Online Submission Form
- Medicaid/CHIP Online Information & Assistance
- Release of Health Information Form (to give HHSC permission to release all or part of your Medicaid claims history, which includes health info.)
- Waste, Abuse & Fraud Hotline: (800) 436-6184
- Texas Medicaid & Healthcare Partnership (TMHP) the Claims Administrator for Texas Medicaid
- Contact Center General Inquiries Line: (800) 925-9126
- EDI Help Desk – Technical Support contact information: (888) 863-3638